Thursday, August 20, 2009

California Days 2-5



After another 5 hours of slow traffic we finally made it to California. Cory's parents have a house a couple of blocks from the beach, and it just so happened to be 5 miles from where the family reunion was. So we had Sunday night, Monday, and Tuesday morning until anyone else showed up to take it easy. We went shopping, miniature golfing, to Boomers, and Cory and Braden played a par 3 golf course Tuesday morning.






My parents and sister flew in on Tuesday afternoon and then we walked down to the beach.








On Wednesday, we went back to the beach for a while, then we took off to see a Dodger's game. We enjoyed a Dodger dog and some peanuts. Nobody I know EVER eats peanuts, but when everybody came back from getting their food, they had a bag of peanuts! I guess that's what you do at a baseball game. Gotta say, I'd rather have the cracker jacks!



The crowd hits around beach balls (which you want to hit in the right direction, or you get booed!) and Braden wanted to hit one sooooo bad. Bottom of the ninth, the ball comes right to us, Cory catches it and gives it to Braden to hit and this is what Braden was doing-

Oh well- maybe next time!


The Dodgers ended up losing 1-4, but it was still a lot of fun. We almost didn't go because I thought Will would be all over the place, but thanks to the rowdy LA fans, Will was quite entertained. I'm glad we went even if they did lose.

2 comments:

Janalee Hubbard said...

Oooh, I wish I had inlaws that lived in California so we could go anytime!

Ashley said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun!!! We need to take Kent and Donna up on "the Christmas gift/trip". I love that Braden still loves his blankie...makes me feel better about my kids and their burp cloths!